Bergamot was named after a town in Italy--Bergamo--where Bergamot oil was first marketed. This citrus oil was most commonly used in Italian folk medicine for fevers and other medicinal purposes for many years.
- Reduces insomnia
- Relaxes and calms
- Balances oily skin
- Eases tight muscles
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
- Origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Bergamot (evergreen) belongs to the Rutaceae Family, native to the Canary Islands. The tree may grow from 2 - 10 m. tall. Bergamot doesn't grow in the wild, but instead is cultivated. The long branches are covered with spines. The tree yields small pear-shaped fruit which are not edible but are useful for the oil extracted from the peel/rind
- Aroma: Citrus warm floral scent, bright spicy, savory fruity aroma
- Note: Middle
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish brown liquid
- Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate
- Dilution Rate: This oil is generally non irritating unless oxidized. Always dilute an essential oils before using them topically. For proper dilution rates check out our dilution guide.
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- Cat and Dog Safe: Cats will not like the citrus smell of this oil, but it is unlikely to cause any adverse reactions when diffused. Make sure your cat can leave the room if you are using this oil. Do not use Bergamot Essential Oil topically on dogs because it will make them more likely to become sunburned. It is unlikely to cause adverse reactions when diffused around dogs.
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight or a tanning bed after using this oil topically. Areas exposed to light may become seriously burned. It may be used at 1-2 drops per ounce of carrier oil (0.4%) without being phototoxic.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.