Lemon oil has been historically recognized as a cleanser. It reached the height of its fame when the British Navy used lemon to counteract the effects of scurvy. This citrus fruit is energizing, cooling, and promotes mental clarity.
- Cleans naturally
- Provides mental clarity
- Botanical Name: Citrus limon
- Origin: Argentina
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: a small thorny evergreen tree with round yellow fruits
- Aroma: Strong bright lemony scent
- Note: Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear to greenish yellow
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Citronella, Coriander, Geranium, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lime, Neroli, Palmarosa, , Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Main Constituents: Limonene, β-pinene, γ-terpinene
- Dilution Rate: Always dilute an essential oil with a carrier oil before using it on the skin. This oil is best used at a 1-2% diltion rate on the skin. For dilution rates check out this dilution guide.
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- Cat or Dog Safe: Cats will not like the citrus smell of this oil, but it is unlikely to cause any adverse reactions. Make sure your cat can leave the room if you are using this oil. This oil is generally safe for dogs.
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic when used on the skin at dilution rates higher than 2.5% (12 drops/ounce carrier oil). Storage life up to 2 years
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.