Peppermint has always been popular as a flavor enhancer in food and drinks. Other than its distinct flavor, it also has a cooling effect and can help relieve head tension and aid in digestion.
- Helps relieve head tension
- Increases focus and energy
- Aids in digestion
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Herb
- Plant Description: a herbaceous perennial plant that grows to be 30–90 cm tall, with smooth stems, square in cross section; leaves are dark green with reddish veins; produces small purple flowers
- Aroma: Sharp, penetrating scent based on its high menthol content, minty sweet
- Note: Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Cajeput, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Pine, Rosemary, Spearmint and Thyme
- Main Constituents: L-Menthol: 28 - 40%, L-Menthone: 18 - 25%
- Dilution Rate: Recommended maximum dilution of 5% for topical application.
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Consult your doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Consult your doctor
- Cat Safe: No, don't use this oil on or around cats.
- Dog Safe: Use caution. Do not use this oil topcally on your dog. This oil is unlikely to cause adverse effects when diffused near dogs, but make sure the dog can leave the room if the aroma causes him/her distress.
- More safety info: STORAGE LIFE up to four (4) years. Don’t use this oil if you have cardiac fibrillation or G6PD deficiency. When used at rates higher than 5% this oil can cause burning sensations.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.